Jasper Roberts Consulting - Widget

Download Section A
December 12, 2014

Velocity Markets
Home | PMC | Community | Sports | Obituaries | Columns | Contact/Advertise | Archives | Submit stories

Black Friday may be over, but many of the coupons inside are good through the end of the year!

Making the grade: PMC on 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare listMaking the grade: PMC on 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare list
By: Jessica Howard - jessica.howard@pikevillehospital.org, For The Medical Leader
Published: 08/10/2012

FREE online subscription to the Medical Leader

PIKEVILLE — Pikeville Medical Center has been named one of the 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare by Modern Healthcare and Best Companies Group. This is the fourth year PMC has been selected for this prestigious award.

“It is very important to us that our employees care about the important work they do,” said President and CEO Walter E. May.  “We often hear from patients that they have been treated like family, and that happens because our employees believe in the Golden Rule – do unto others as you would have done unto you.”

 “Our employees go the extra mile every day,” said Juanita Deskins, Chief Operating Officer. “Being named one of the Best Places to Work in Healthcare further confirms their commitment to provide quality regional health care in a Christian environment.”

The Best Places to Work in Healthcare award program recognizes workplaces which enable employees to provide the best possible care, products and services to patients.

Melissa Coleman, Assistant Vice President of Human Resources at Pikeville Medical Center and Chairman of the Hospital’s Employer of Choice Team, said, “Our employees are the reason Pikeville Medical Center continues to be recognized among the nation’s  elite health care providers. It is their compassionate dedication and teamwork that makes us stand out.”

Health care organizations from across the country completed a two-part process to determine the Best Places to Work in Healthcare.

An evaluation of workplace policies, practices and demographics was worth 25 percent of the total score; an employee survey accounted for the remaining 75 percent. 

The combined scores determined the top companies and their final rankings.

Pikeville Medical Center, as well as two other Kentucky health care providers (Baptist Hospital East and Trilogy Health Services, both located in Louisville) will be recognized and honored at the fifth annual Best Places to Work in Healthcare banquet at the Opryland Hotel in Nashville, Tenn. on Tuesday, October 9, 2012.

The final results concerning Pikeville Medical Center’s ranking in the 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare will be announced in the October 12th edition of the Medical Leader.

FREE online subscription to the Medical Leader

(click to enlarge...)

Terms of Use

Weight Loss Surgery in Kentucky
We deliver free stories direct to your inbox!
Get articles of local interest like this one delivered to your inbox each week, absolutely free. Just sign up at the top or bottom of this page! Like Us on Facebook
Script execution time: 0.0251250267029 seconds